Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Balloon Hunters

A tragedy took place on the way to church today.  Here is the conversation:
Dos:  Mommy!  Uno did something really bad!  She let my balloon fall away!
(Back story, we got her a princess balloon at the Dollar Tree right before we moved.  It’s been in the car and Dos’ been neurotic about it flying away.)
Uno:  After balloons go up in the sky they never come back… and I did it – but I really didn’t mean to!
Dos:  I’m mad at Uno and disappointed at her!  I’m really, really, really sad about that!
Uno: I opened the door and it came out and I thought, “Oh, no!” and I came to tell daddy but then I saw it was stuck in a tree and I thought, “Oh, good!” but I thought, “This is definitely still a problem!” so I went and got daddy. {pause for reflection on the sequence of events}  I was coming into Stella and the balloon floated out, I went to look where it was, it was stuck in a tree and then I went to tell daddy and it was gone!
Dos: Maybe it’s stuck in the mountains and maybe in a crack and maybe we can climb that mountain and look and if it’s there we can get in the car and drive away with the balloon!
Lizard:  We will have to keep looking for that balloon.
Uno:  Do you think someday all of us will be balloon hunters?  We hunt for balloons and find who they belong to and give them back to people!
Dos: Hunt for my balloon?  And give them back?  We have to give it back because I don’t want to steal someone else’s balloons!  I had a pink one first and then another pink one…  Mommy!  WE NEED TO GO TO THE MONEY TREE AND GET ANOTHER ONE!!!
{quiet time]
Dos:  I’m just very, very disappointed in Uno.  I miss my balloon.  It’s my second lost balloon!
{sudden giggles from the back seat}
Lizard:  What are you guys laughing about?
Uno: Something silly, I guess.
{more laughter}
Dos: Daddy, you’re really funny because you make funny choices!
Uno: Yay! I don’t have a booger on my tv anymore!  Just like I told you, boogers are disgusting…. is that a taxi car right over there?
Dos:  My finger!  My Finger! Ah! Ah!  There’s two grs (girls) on this side of the car and two grs on that side of the car!
Uno: When are we going to be there?
Dos:  Uno!  I’m really sad about you!
Uno: Here we go again…
Dos:  I’m not laughing about this, Uno!
And that is the conversation on the way to church this morning.  Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...